Fine Art/girl with broom

my father told me our girl with broom was from the Detroit inst. of art and is one of seven valuable copies.  It is approx. 24"x48", has a gold plate that says Girl With Broom  H. Rembrandt.  The frame is very old.  I regret to say that the paper on the back of the painting is gone.  Is it possible that I have a valuable piece of art?

Dear Collette,

I hope you are doing well. The painting Girl With Broom by Rembrandt
is in The National Gallery of Art. There is only one of the paintings and therefore any other image of it must be a reproduction. Could yours possibly be a print on canvas or heavy card board? The image has been reproduced since early century and therefore some copies can look very old.

Museums are known to release very good copies of the art they have in their collection. Girl with Broom may have been in the Detroit Institute of Art collection during the early century. Since I cannot see the painting in person, you may want to take it to a local antique dealer for an opinion.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.