Fine Art/girl with broom

Question
my father told me our girl with broom was from the Detroit inst. of art and is one of seven valuable copies.  It is approx. 24"x48", has a gold plate that says Girl With Broom  H. Rembrandt.  The frame is very old.  I regret to say that the paper on the back of the painting is gone.  Is it possible that I have a valuable piece of art?

Answer
Dear Collette,

I hope you are doing well. The painting Girl With Broom by Rembrandt
is in The National Gallery of Art. There is only one of the paintings and therefore any other image of it must be a reproduction. Could yours possibly be a print on canvas or heavy card board? The image has been reproduced since early century and therefore some copies can look very old.

Museums are known to release very good copies of the art they have in their collection. Girl with Broom may have been in the Detroit Institute of Art collection during the early century. Since I cannot see the painting in person, you may want to take it to a local antique dealer for an opinion.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly  

Dolly D Headley