Fine Art/oil painting signed o. schmidt

Question
i'm trying to get some info on my painting. 48x24 very large oil painting,signed o.schmidt on lower left hand side. it is landscape with cabins and mountains in background. i'm hoping you can help me, I have searched to know avail. it has  viktoria maltuch stamp, number on the frame with sticker that has been tore off! any info would be appreciated...age,price,artist... thank you in advance.

Answer
Hello Lee,  It sounds like you have what I call a 'Sofa Painting.'  A painting having a large rectangular shape with a generic subject matter painted in a 'factory' that was sold at furniture stores because it looked good over the the new sofa (chesterfield) being purchased.  If you have one of these it is worth under $100.00.  I suggest you attach an image of the work with your reply.  Cheers, Brent.

Brent Luebke