Fine Art/oil painting signed o. schmidt

i'm trying to get some info on my painting. 48x24 very large oil painting,signed on lower left hand side. it is landscape with cabins and mountains in background. i'm hoping you can help me, I have searched to know avail. it has  viktoria maltuch stamp, number on the frame with sticker that has been tore off! any info would be appreciated...age,price,artist... thank you in advance.

Hello Lee,  It sounds like you have what I call a 'Sofa Painting.'  A painting having a large rectangular shape with a generic subject matter painted in a 'factory' that was sold at furniture stores because it looked good over the the new sofa (chesterfield) being purchased.  If you have one of these it is worth under $100.00.  I suggest you attach an image of the work with your reply.  Cheers, Brent.

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.