Fine Art/surreal oil painting id

surreal painting
surreal painting  
QUESTION: hello -- we have a rather large oil painting that we're guessing would be described as surreal (we stand ready to be corrected!) We took it out of the frame to check the signature on back but cannot make it out -- unsure of what language the lettering is derived from. We have taken about 4-5 photos of this painting from various angles. The painting measures 35-and-1/2" x 25". It is dated 1991 with the signature. Any help you could offer regarding even the style of this work, or what it may represent would be appreciated...
kate & paul

ANSWER: I agree, surreal or fantasy art. I have not seen the work before, so unfortunately I cannot give you a title or artist.

Anything that has a dream like quality is Surreal.

QUESTION: thanks for responding -- we appreciate it...we do have photos of the artist's signature -- would that be any help in possibly any further identification?
kate & paul

If you can make out the letters, simply send them and I'll check my industry guides and see if it's a listed artist.  Your ability to see the letters will be as good as anyone elses. It cannot hurt to include a close-up of the signature, so lets do both.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.