Fine Art/Drawing signed Picasso.

Sleeping Woman
Sleeping Woman  
Hello Dan,
We own 3 drawings that are all signed Picasso. They are original crayon drawings (not prints). One is a sleeping woman, the other two are of a woman's face with a dove. The one with the woman is the only one that is dated. They are on thick old, yellowed, paper. We are trying to figure out whether these are genuine or not. They were part of a small collection of drawings that was sold at an estate auction in Georgia. A number of art dealers have looked at them, and most of them think that they look good (none of them being an expert on Picasso, though): about 10 said "maybe", "looks good" etc., and 1 said "terrible fake". Go figure. What is your opinion? I've attached a picture of the sleeping woman, because people seem to like that one the best :o)
Thank you very much for your time and attention,
Richard & Anke

There is a conflict. Your print has the signature in the middle and the number at bottom left. The images I have seen in the past, show the signature bottom left and the number top left? Also, the signature on yours looks a bit off. If you think you have the real thing, it will take some $$ to get the proper paperwork. There are only a few that can authenticate a Picasso, don't let anyone mislead you. If you want the referral, send an email request to: along with images and any background.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.