Fine Art/La Picador offset lithograph after Dali

Hi Dan, I have just acquired a facsimile signed offset lithograph of Dali's "La Picador". It is a limited edition of 500, was printed in 2002 and came with a certificate of authenticity. According to the certificate, the transfer plate was destroyed after printing. My question is, how much do you think this lithograph is worth? I understand that an offset without a signature does not hold much value in the art world and is really just a poster. How about a facsimile signature? Does this add any value to the piece? Thanks for your time. Regards, Gabrielle.

What you have is low end decorative art. The only facsimile signature Dali works that have any value were created by the DeMart Corp. prior to the year you mentioned. I work with high end hand signed pieces, so the work you have is not something I have sold in the past.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.