Fine Art/Louis Lupas

I have a Charcoal drawing signed Lupas. the portrait is of Johann Brahms it is Signed Lupas 1933. Any idea where I can get a value on this?

Hello Mike,

I found several auction houses that have sold original drawings by Louis Lupas. One is Heritage Auctions at who sold an original portrait drawing of JFK for $43,000. That was a very special portrait and I found that most of his portraits sell in the $700-1000 range. Other auction houses that have sold his original drawings are Burchard Galleries in St. Petersburg, Florida and Livington’s Auction & Gallery in Oklahoma City. If you are interested in selling the drawing you can contact them and ask for an auction estimate. If you want a formal appraisal for insurance purposes you can locate a licensed appraiser in your area or the nearest large city through an online search. Ask your insurance company what format and qualifications they will accept for appraisals.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.