Fine Art/Louis Lupas

Question
I have a Charcoal drawing signed Lupas. the portrait is of Johann Brahms it is Signed Lupas 1933. Any idea where I can get a value on this?
Mike

Answer
Hello Mike,

I found several auction houses that have sold original drawings by Louis Lupas. One is Heritage Auctions at www.ha.com who sold an original portrait drawing of JFK for $43,000. That was a very special portrait and I found that most of his portraits sell in the $700-1000 range. Other auction houses that have sold his original drawings are Burchard Galleries in St. Petersburg, Florida and Livington’s Auction & Gallery in Oklahoma City. If you are interested in selling the drawing you can contact them and ask for an auction estimate. If you want a formal appraisal for insurance purposes you can locate a licensed appraiser in your area or the nearest large city through an online search. Ask your insurance company what format and qualifications they will accept for appraisals.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley