Fine Art/Oil painting

Question
I have an oil painting my mother bought in an antique store in Philadelphia Pa. over 50 yrs ago. She paid $50.00 for it. It is a rather large oil on canvas with very old looking boats with sail in a harbor. The signiture looks like G. Hobart. Can you identify this artist, and where he or she came from?  

Answer
Hello Janine,  From your brief description I cannot determine who painted the work.  Having said this identifying a work by using a possible signature alone is comparable to finding a needle in a large haystack....  Please reply to this message and attach a good quality image of the painting.  What size is it?  Are there any labels or writing on the back of the work?  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke