Fine Art/Picasso Print

Question
Dear Mr. Twyman,

I have inherited a Picasso print of 'The Blue Dove' . It seems to be on arches paper, with the embossed with the information: 'Editions Pour La Paix' and 'Copyright s.p.a.d.e.m.' in the lower right corner. It is also signed 'picasso', underligned and dated 28.12.61.

I was hoping that you would be able to throw any light on the print's authenticity or value.

Kind Regards,

Stuart Boxall-Hunt.

Answer
Société de la Propriété Artistique et des Dessins et Modules, often S.P.A.D.E.M. or SPADEM, is a copyright protection and collection society formed by visual artists and their heirs in France.[1] One of several such organizations in France which specialize according to specific kinds of art[2], SPADEM's purpose is similar to that of ASCAP and other organizations which defend the legal rights of artists.

To have a work by Picasso authenticated and appraised takes time and $$. If you are interested in selling, please email all details to:

collectdali@aol.com

Dan

Dan Twyman