Fine Art/Reproduction vs. Print vs. Numbered Whichever

Alexander Dzigurski
Alexander Dzigurski  
We found an Alexander Dzigurski painting in grandma's attic.  We tracked down his son (also an artist) who said it was a reproduction of one of his father's earlier works.

On the back is a rubber stamp filled out with various info.  I'm attaching a photo of the back only unless you want to see the actual image.  Can you tell me what all of it means?

What does reproduction actually mean?  I looked it up on a art website and found it it, technically, is an original, but the artist copied another artist.  People seeme to use the word "print" interchangeably with it, especially when they're numbered.

I sure would appreciate anything you could tell me.

If the term Replica is used, then you have an unknown artist painting a masters works. If the term reproduction is used, then you have a photo lithogrpah or an original lithograph copy of the original. If the lithogrpah is signed and the artist is a name artist, the piece can become valuable. Print can mean a poster or a high end limited edition, depends on the situation.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.