Fine Art/San Gregorio (An Carracci)

Question
San Gregorio
San Gregorio  
I have an engraving by Sim Watts 1766 of a painting by Carracci above are the words San Gregorio underneath the engraving it says 'In the collection of His Majesty' and the phrase 'CR Edit' The paper appears to be good quality it measures approx 24inches by 14inches. I purchased it from the owner of Sledmere House in Yorkshire. I have attached an image and would appreciate any info you could give.  Martin

Answer
Hello Martin,  I am not sure what the significance, if any, of the work you have is.  The subject is most likely a reproduction of some of the preparatory drawings Annibale Carracci created for the San Gregorio alter piece in Bologna, Italy.  A quick check of the inventory of the British Royal collection does not list any similar works.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke