Fine Art/Small Painting bought at a French antiques show

Question
French Painting
French Painting  
I bought a small painting at an antiques show in the Carcasson area recently.  The back of the painting (which is oil on stretched canvas, about 12" by 10"), has a label from a gallery in Cannes called Palette de Rubens.  I cannot find that gallery in my Internet explorations.

I really love the little painting and would love to know anything about the artist.  The perspective reminds me of Van Gogh and I would not be surprised if it were a copy of one of his paintings (but don't know his works well enough to guess at which, if any, it might be).

I would dearly love to have any information you could provide about the artist and perhaps even the gallery.

Thank you kindly for sharing your expertise.

Answer
Hello Karen,  The work looks like it is from the 1950's - 60s, not an antique.  If I recall correctly Palette de Rubens is the trade name of a pre-stretched canvas in France.  I do not know the artist but it looks like it was painted by someone with limited experience.  The point is - if you love it - it is priceless.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke