Fine Art/Trubner

Hi.  My mother-in-law inherited a Wilhelm Trubner original entitled "Lago Maggiore".  She recently tried to have it cleaned but the guy wouldn't touch it as he was concerned he wasn't professional enough and might ruin it.  The problem is there is a wood-borer in the frame and she is very worried about it being damaged.  Do you have any suggestions on how to deal with this kind of problem?  Also, do you have any idea (just ballpark) how much a painting like this would be valued at?

Wilhelm Trübner
German Realist Painter, 1851-1917

There is no way around it. You need a professional that does art restoration. Some collectors like the works left in their original condition. As for values, there are numerous references online for dealers and auction houses that have sold the works. It would take some time to put together a "fair market value" report.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.