Fine Art/Should artwork be in museums?

Do you think it is better to leave artworks in their native settings, or is it more appropriate to keep them in museums?

Is it better for more people to have access to artwork in museums, or for fewer visitors to witness the full impact of a work in its original setting?

Is it better to leave artworks where weather and human actions may eventually damage them, or is it better to preserve them in a carefully controlled environment such as a museum?

How might the people of Iraq or Egypt feel knowing that some of their country's treasured artworks and artifacts reside in foreign museums?

If an artist has reached an international audience and authors are writing books about the artists works etc., then it makes sense for a museum to review the works for possible rotation in their collection or a one time exhibit. Some regional smaller museums disply lesser known artists work, usually in a theme setting.
Art should be shared with the masses and museums seem to do a better job than any other medium. There are many ways to preserve art, it does not have to be a museum. As for Iraq and Egypt, it's hard for me to know what feelings they have if any. I suspect the art enthusiasts of those areas are looking into re-claiming works that have been taken, not an easy task.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.