Fine Art/currier and ives print

i also have a home for thanksgiving print by g h durrie with the number 186. how can two people have the same print. if i were to sell this where would i go to do so.

Dear Deborah,

The 186 is actually part of the date of the original lithograh; 1867. The 7 did not show up on the stone. If you are sure you have an original (large folio - image size 14 5/8 x 25 1/16") and it is in good condition; you can contact any of the large auction houses such as Sothebys and Christies for consignment in their next appropriate auction. You can get their websites through a search. There are also numerous galleries that carry Currier & Ives original prints. You can find them online by using key words such as "Original Currier & Ives". You will also get websites that will help you determine if your print is original.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.