Fine Art/f m bennett

Question
A DOUBTFUL VINTAGE
A DOUBTFUL VINTAGE  
hi there i have 2 old paintings by f m bennett, they are framed and have paper to the rear of the pictures which acts as a seal for the picture, also at the bottom of the rear of the frame there are little plaques which depict the name of the pics. 1 of them is definately an oil painting and the other im not sure about, i wondered whether you could give me any information on these pictures and any potential values for these pictures the 1 is called a doubtful vintage and the other is called sportsmens return  thank you kevin.

Answer
Hello Kevin,  You have two works by British artist Frank Moss Bennett (1874-1953).  Many reproductions of Bennett's work exist so in order to determine a possible value I need to know if your works are originals and what size they are.  The surface of the work you included an image of appears to be very smooth.  Is it under glass?  You need to take the works out of their frames and determine if they are painted on canvas - i.e. that they are paintings. The fact that they have sealed backs indicates to me that they are simply some type of reproduction.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke