Fine Art/name of a painting

Question
Hi there,
i hope you can help, i saw a painting about 4 years ago,unfortunately i remeber nothing about the artist, basically it looks in on a room where two women are stood in the middle in a semi embrace but the nearest woman (with back to the viewer) is half turning away either in rejection or through surprise at the viewers entrance. an uncovered lightbulb hangs in the middle of the room. There is a (probably) 20th century european feel to the picture, quite 'blocky' colours and although sparse feels quite crammed as if the viewer has pressed themself in the corner upon entering the room. i can see it so vividly in my mind but its so difficult to describe or find without knowing more about the artist.
thank you for your time, hope you can help in some way.

Many thanks,

Liam Scannell

Answer
This is like someone humming a song and hoping the other person knows what the title is. I would need quite a bit more info, what you describe applies to a wide variety of artists works. The subject of two or three women embracing has been used by most modern day masters. "The Three Graces" is one example. Much time has to be spent to find the work you describe.

Dan

Dan Twyman