Fine Art/print

Question
i have a print...or water color it looks like its signed v henry or j henry......on the back it says copyright 1924, marque deposee,serie 21: no.11 par v. henry
stehli freres, editeurs zurich
made in switzerland.............is this worth anything

Answer
Dear Gretchen,

From your information, it is basically saying it is an authorized 1924 printing after a painting by V. Henry. It was printed in Zurich, Switzerland by Stehli Freres, Editeurs. Stehli Freres produced many prints by artists of the time. The artist may be Victor Henry, Australia; or maybe New Zealand. I was not able to locate his biography.

Generally the value of antique or vintage prints is dependant on the printing method, medium, the artist, the subject and the art's condition. Stehli Freres prints currently vary in price from $5 up and are usually under $100.00.

Overall, estimating art value is very difficult without having the item in hand for personal inspection.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley