Fine Art/0901-Painting Identification

Lower Right - Signature
Lower Right - Signatur  
I received this item of art (+- 12"x14")around 1965 in St. Croix USVI and need to now identify. It is dated 1883 and is representative of island landscape. There is also some dating below the artist name somewhat obscure F..25. Thank you.

Mystery signature
Mystery signature  
This is beyond my knowledge of American artists.  There was a Eugene Feyen (French 1815-1907) who did maritime pictures, but his signature is much simpler.  

I have returned your photograph, tweaked to highlight that signature.  

Best of luck identifying the picture.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration