Fine Art/Ben Austrian 1900 signed litho

Question
I had previously emailed you with an attached picture of the signed litho that my sister had purchased at an auction.  It has a chicken sitting in a nest with 12 chicks all around.  I don't know if my pictures work or not but I believe that it is an authentic litho signed and dated 1900.  can you give me any information on it?

Answer
Lori,
http://www.explorepahistory.com/hmarker.php?markerId=598

A little "googling around" produces quite a bit of information about Ben Austrian.  Turns out he created the artwork for Bon Ami!   If you have an original oil, it can worth thousands of dollars, but I'm afraid a lithograph might only be worth a few hundred dollars tops.  

I'd encourage you to seek a print dealer, (as opposed to a fine art dealer) to help you gain precise information as to value of your print.

Best of luck,
Stu

Stuart Cartwright