Fine Art/Everett Woodson barn/ lighthouse painting

Question
Everette woodson painting
Everette woodson paint  
Hi Stuart:  I bought this painting in 1996 at a liquidation dealer. The other day a friend noticed the signature and said that Everett Woodson is a well know American artist. From the attached photo can you determine if this is genuine and if so, its monetary value. Dimensions 24"x36",medium is oil, on white canvas, nothing on back of canvas. Back of frame is stamped "Category 2" and on opposite side "Living Art INC P.O. Box 385 Kleinburg Ontario"..........Thank you, Richard
P.S. It does not appear I can attach both photos so i will attach the signature image to a follow up message.

Answer
I answered another inquiry about Woodson yesterday.  Hmmm.  Strange.  Anyway, I'll tell you what I dug up for them:

The good news is you have a listed American artist.  The bad news is that his paintings are not highly sought after.  Four times in the last 2 years Woodson paintings have come to auction, and twice they have sold for $50, well below the estimates of $200-$300.  Twice they went unsold.  

At any rate, enjoy your original American artwork.  I enjoy looking at original art every day.

Stu

----------------------------

Everett Woodson (1933 - )
Missouri - Known for rural scenes with barns

Everett Woodson was born September 3, 1933 in Independence Missouri.  He is known for his "barn" paintings.  Woodson received his formal training at the Academy of Fine Arts in Kansas City.  Mr. Woodson has earned several awards for his farmhouses and barns including first place at the Missouri State Fair, Mid-America Fine Arts League, and at the Truman Bi-Centennial.  He signs his paintings "Everett Woodson" and occasionally "E. Woodson".

Stuart Cartwright