Fine Art/F.O.C. Darley

Question
I have three FOC Darley engravings. I am not sure what the material is made out of that the pictures are engraved in. two of them are of an American Indian and what looks like Cowboys. The other one is of scenery. Two of them have numbers (example#2438)on the back paper and the other is missing its backing, and they all have the same frame work.

I am wondering if these could be original Darleys. If so would you know the value of the works is good condition.

I can take pictures of the art work to show you, if it would make it easier?

Answer
Hi Paul,
I want you to contact the following auction house which currently is offering a watercolor-on-paper by Felix Octavius Carr Darley.  They should be pretty current on the artist.

The Potomac Company
526 North Fayette Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
703-684-4550
info@potomackcompany.com
www.potomackcompany.com

I am not at all familiar with the artist, nor am I versant in the print market.  You may wish to take your artwork to a local frameshop or art gallery to have a professional examine it and tell you if you have original pen and ink drawing or a limited edition print.

Best of luck,
Stu  

Stuart Cartwright