Fine Art/French lady artist

Question
Hi Elliott and welcome aboard,
 French artist, SUZANNE HUREL 1876-1954. Research took me to a French site of RMN black & white photos. One of these images shows model in same dress as our 291/2" x 23" MB
corner stamped lithograph. Lovely peice of art and presumably originally done in oil/pastels. Are you familiar with her works, and is this domestic scened litho of any value? Many thanks Joghnathon

Answer
Dear Johnathon,

Thank you for your question.  I hit a button on my screen saying that this was outside my area of expertise - which it is, unfortunately -, but it said it would send you an automated response which I find too impersonal.  Truly, though, I'm sorry that I am not at all familiar with Suzanne Hurel.  My expertise has to do with surrealist art, especially the work of Salvador Dali.  I'm also afraid that I am unable to provide any help regarding value estimations, as I note on my profile.  There are other experts on this site who work in the market, so perhaps one of them will be able to assist you.  

It sounds like you have a lovely piece, and I hope you're able to find some more information about it.  If you're looking for value, I would recommend looking through auction results, as that gives some indication of what a particular buyer was willing to pay for a similar piece at a particular time; artprice.com is an especially good site and you can get information 'pay-as-you-go'.  I did a quick search for Suzanne Hurel on artprice and there have been some drawing and painting sales in the past year but no lithograph sales on record.  You can, however, sign up to be notified of when Hurel's works go up for auction and track the latest price trends.

Sorry I can't be of more use on this occasion.  Good luck with your research.

Warm regards,
Elliott

Elliott H. King