Fine Art/Identify artist signature

Question
Artist signature
Artist signature  
Hello Stuart,  I'm hoping you might be able to help me identify the signature on a painting I recently acquired.  I have attached a photo of the signature.  I'm thinking the painting is from the 30's or 40's

Answer
1/15

Hey Tom,
Sorry, I just punched the wrong button on the AllExperts Service.  Here is the followup answer I wanted to give you...

I simply don't know.  It's funny I recall driving from Arizona and the Hoover Dam into Nevada, headed for Las Vegas with my brother many years ago.  The interstate swings pretty close to Lake Mead at its southernmost point, and I recall a smallish town or camping area anyway along its shore here.   I remember a very horse-shoe shaped end of the lake as in you picture here.  Funny what memories a painting will stir.  

As for the signature, I wish I could help.  I will point you to one of the country's leading auction houses, and a specialist in paintings of the American West.

Michael Duty
Heritage Auctions
Dallas, TX
I would put his email address here, but I'll let you find that at the HA.Com site as he may not wish to have his email address posted publicly.  

Best of luck,
Stu

-------------------------

Tom,
I have no idea.  Can you resend a shot of maybe the entire picture so as to give a clue?  What do you make the signature out to be?  "BD?"  "BO?"

Stu

Stuart Cartwright