Fine Art/Igor Pantuhoff

Do you have any information on the artist, Igor Pantuhoff?
I have this oil painting, (pictures attached), I originally bought it for the frame. I decided to try to research the artist. All I could find out was, he was a Russian born artist, later came to America and he painted "Big Eyed" paintings.  Are his works of art desirable and of any value.
Thank you in advance for your help.

I looked up Igor and found that he was born in 1911, and may still be living in Palms Springs?  He has three paintings on record as having gone to public auction.  One was a "big-eyed" figurative work as you describe, another was a portrait of Sir Thomas Lipton.  Neither sold.  

A 33"x29" abstract, surreal image of a building roof-top ventilator sold at Sotheby NYC in 1993 for about $4,000.     

Hope that helps a little.   Enjoy your artwork!

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration