Fine Art/Igor Pantuhoff

Question
Igor Pantuhoff
Igor Pantuhoff  
I have an oil painting (pictures attached), which I originally bought for the frame. I decided to research the artist, Igor Pantuhoff. I have only found out that he is a Russian born artist, who later came to America, and that he was well known for his "Big Eyed" paintings. Do you know if his work is desirable and of any value?  
Thank you in advance for your time.

Roseann

Answer
Dear Roseann,

The works of Igor Pantuhoff have been going for about $300 - $4,000 in the past couple of decades, according to auction records. I found a piece titled "Blonde Big-Eye Girl" (no image to compare it to, though) that went for $850 in 2006. If you want a more definite answer, I suggest that you inquire with Bonhams or Christies auction houses. They are two of the biggest auction houses in the world and may have more information than me.

Andrew Evans