Fine Art/Painter FisheR

Landscape oil painter(probably late 1800-early 1900) who prints only the name  FisheR(this way, lower right) with the  large F small ishe underlined in red oil,  the lage R. no initial  or firstname. (not alvin fisher). New England, frame from Coldwells(125 yr old art and frame co)) New Bedford Who is she/he, very elusive info on this artist.Caldwell sticker on back of frame, no date, landscape   river scene, clouds, trees, oil painting on vcanmvas excellent condition  old frame and canvas,  purchased in Mass early 60,s very old paintings, I live in marietta ga.

Sounds like a terrific picture.  Can you please send me an image via this service?  As you are aware, there are many, many Fishers who are listed American artists in the time period you describe.  I should like to see the picture.  Artists have always experimented with numerous styles for signing paintings, although the raised R is of interest, it may not be the best way to identify the artist.

Are you looking to sell the painting or value it for insurance purposes?  Or simply identify the artist?

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration