Fine Art/Robert Stephen Simon

Mickey, Willie and the Duke
Mickey, Willie and the  
Hello and Happy New Year!
I have a beautiful "piece" by Robert Simon, signed on the matte, and the Piece. I am unsure what this actually is (litho etc..) It is titled "Mickey, Willie and the duke" with their "signatures" on it also. Numbered 213/950.  The detail is incredible.  The Piece itself measures 19 x 25, and framed Measures 25.5 x 31.5.  The COR&A reads "A painting in  Limed Edition Print.  Again, signed and numbered.

I am wondering if this has any monetary value.

I am not there to examine it, but here is my best guess. The artist painted the original in oil or acrylic, then the original was photographed or hand copied using a template. Printing plates were created from the re-produced image. A limited number of prints were run and signed by the artist. As far as value, you are in a specific niche and need to seek out Sports Art experts or dealers to get a better idea. I deal in 20th Century Masters, and would have to do some research to get a fair market value. Also, in the world of Sports Art, prices vary based on how big a FAN the buyer is. If the buyer is a "Mickey" fan, they might pay a higher price.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.