Fine Art/aldo luongo charcoal drawing

Question
lovers aldo  luongo69
lovers aldo luongo69  
i purchased a drawing from goodwill for $20 i have had it for 5 years, come to find out ,the artist is aldo luongo. I believe it is his oringinal drawing of lovers, signed aldo luongo69. the back of the frame has the original paper seal backing on it. with the academy  arts sticker on it.from chicago Ill. #6090 is the frame number, BLK SILV, 22x28 . its in excellent condition.though the picture is slightly yellowed from ageing .can you help me with this fine art piece

Answer
Dear Gary, I cannot help you with the value of the piece because I am not familiar with it, but it is absolutely amazing. Those angled lines that make up the entire image really bring a sense of rush and intensity to the moment. You can try taking it to a Bonham's Valuation day http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=EUR&scre if there is one nearby where you live.

My sources show in the past decade or so there has been minimal auctioning of Luongo pieces as far as I can tell. Prints range from $200-$500 usually signed. Unique paintings and drawings (maybe what you have?) have gone for $2,500 up to $3,500 signed.

I hope this helps. Nonetheless I really do like that piece, it is full of passion. Could use a nice large, bolder black frame I think. Consider holding on to it? Good luck to you.

Sincerely,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans