Fine Art/you are amazing

Question
Hi Dan, So I'm a new comer to the art world.... I work for my family business in Minnesota. We cleaned out our warehouse and I found this painting that NO ONE wanted. I took one look at it and fell in absolute love!!! I love to spend my free time making "unloved" things" look beautiful...But I just loved this painting exactly the way that it was.  So I took it home today and it BARELY fit in my SUV. I already know where I'm going to display this work of art, but I really want to know if I have the real thing or not???? Here's how I describe it:
Artist: Alex Dzigurski
"After the Storm"
On the back it's stamped " This is a canvas art print reproduction"
In the lower corner it's signed "Alex Dzigurski".  
What does this all mean??? I have no intention of selling it no matter what the worth is... but I do want to insure it if it's an original. OR this painting is a fake..I will be fine with too.
Just researching Dzigurski(the first-not his son) has really opened my eyes to something I never thought I would be interested in.But I am now, and it makes me want to learn so much more!!!!!What books have a more broader spectrum to start with?? Can you recommend any art books for a beginner??? I know you're a big Dali fan...but give me something I can start with to form my own opinion. You obviously know a lot about art and I would really respect your advice/input input.
P.S. I apologive about any spelling or grammar mistakes.  

Answer
If you have a canvas reproduction, it is probably a canvas transfer. Sounds like decorative art, not high end. Of course I am not there to examine it in person, but that is prob what you have. I deal in hand signed works by Dali, Picasso, Chagall, Miro and Warhol, so Dzigurski is not one that we broker.

As for art books, I suggest going to the largest library in your area and looking at books having to do with art history etc. and go from there.

You can also study the Smithsonian and other museum websites that feature a library of art images.

Dan

Dan Twyman