Fine Art/artist barrister oil painting

I have an oil painting signed by an artist named Barrister its from Lee galleries in Englishtown NJ.I bought it at has 2 evergreen trees on the left then a 3 peaked snow capped mountain and the 3 more evergreens on the the fore ground it has flat snow and ice with stream and rocks.can you tell me anything about it or the artist or where i might look to find out.would you have any idea of its worth.  thanks Dave

Hard to tell for sure without seeing your painting, but the composition sounds like Landscape 101 to me.  Have you ever seen the Bob Ross TV show where the soporific artists paints a picture in about 20 minutes?  This is his standard landscape.  The snow capped mountain in the center of the picture, right?  

Next, there is no listed American artist named "Barrister".  

Finally, I have never heard of Lee Galleries, nor can I find any Lee Gallery of Englishtown, NJ.

In sum, I imagine what you have is a perfectly nice piece of commercially sold art, not "fine art".  Often this is mass produced, or imported from factories overseas.  Not to say it is worthless, but you can probably go to the mall and find a frame shop or furniture store that has a painting for sale...check the tag.  Probably $100-$300 depending upon size and the ticket prices in the store you are in.  You can surf generic landscapes on eBay as well to compare.

98% of everything that is framed is not really "fine art" or "original".
You can certainly enjoy your painting, and if it looks good in your home or certainly have value there!  Enjoy it!

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration