Fine Art/artist name and how old they are

nancies collection
nancies collection  
QUESTION: not sure what kind a picture this is.  I have two different ones and would like to know more about them and if they are worth anything.

ANSWER: Depends on the medium. If it is an original painting vs a print, then it has more value. I cannot make out the signaure. I will need an artists name to help you further.

old pictures
old pictures  
QUESTION: I do not know how to tell how old they are.  any suggestions?  The name I think is ( V.DE Beauvoir Ward )  How do you tell the difference between a print and original.  Sorry for not knowing. I am new to this.

A painting has brush strokes in most cases. Some artists paint with the intention of a flat look(no brushstrokes) while others want heavy brushstrokes. You can use a jewlers loop or magnifying glass and look for printed dots or some sign that it is a print.

I will see if I can find anything on the name you provided.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.