Fine Art/artist name

I can not understand the signature on this painting. Do you know who it is and if it is worth anything.  I am from MT.  I do ot now much about the antiques I have collected.  I just love old things.

Hello Nancy,
You'd like me.

Looks like G____ Evans? Maybe?   Hard for me to make out...your picture comes through the service in a 3" x 4" window, so it is small.  

I do not think this picture is by a listed American artist, I can only find a few G Evans in my database, but none are of this style.

As for worth, it is probably worth more to you to hang proudly and enjoy on your walls than it is to put it to market.  Though any antique dealer in your area can give you a second opinion.

Enjoy your original art every day.... I do!

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration