Fine Art/All expert - Hudson River School?

Artist signature
Artist signature  
Hi Stuart,
I have inherited a painting which I am told is a Hudson River School artist.  Any possibility you can verify or ID the signature?  Thank you so much!

Please send me a pictue of the entire painting.

What do YOU make out as the signature?  

Anything on the back, on a stretcher bar, perhaps an inscription in pencil?   

Lastly, let me know the dimensions HxW of the canvas itself.  

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration