Fine Art/Fontana

linny wrote at 2012-01-19 00:50:20
I wish the answer had spelled out who this artist is/was as I too have a floral painting with the same signature on it. I would love to know who it is and what this painting is worth. It is beautiful. Mine is donee in shades of pinks ,is peonies in a brass bowl . It is done horizontally not vertically like yours.  

chris wrote at 2013-04-14 12:47:08
I also have a painting by this artist. It is of lilacs done horizontally. I have researched also and have found nothing on this artist.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration