Fine Art/Painting by Hank Day (?)

Amie Hill wrote at 2009-10-13 19:06:46
Woohoo!  I found some answers!  The artist's name is HANK BOJ!  That's all I have so far...Now I'm off to search for more info.  Hope that helps!

will wrote at 2010-08-14 05:24:45
i have a hank day original piece of art as well and was wondering if there was any further informaton about the artist thanks.

Jacky wrote at 2010-08-17 20:21:23
I have 3 Hank Day still lifes like your's.  I purchased them all in the NY,NJ,PA area.  I haven't been able to find anything at all on the artist but, I'm glad to see someone else has one!!

Nadine wrote at 2010-10-30 13:41:30
I also have 2 prints of Hank Day & they are in a tube post marked from Family Circle in NY dated 10-15-1958. One of them is the same print as was shown in her picture. I too know nothing about them as they were my grandmothers.

erica wrote at 2011-03-19 17:49:05
I have a painting too by that person, I googled i and this came up.  Same signature, same style paninting.   Did you ever find anything out anything else about it?  

Renee wrote at 2011-04-28 05:45:36
I also have a set of Hank's paintings.  There is a print for sale on ebay now identical to one of mine and when I saw it, it made me pull me mine off the wall for a closer look.  I purchased them about twenty years ago at a garage sale in Jacksonville, FL for $2 each. I believe them both to be original oil paintings.   Both are signed by the artist.  The seller on ebay wrote me that hers have no signature and it has x14 in pencil on the back.    Renee  

maureen wrote at 2011-07-26 15:23:00
I have a large painting signed "Hank"...found in St Augustine FL. It's acrylic on board, my guess from the 1950's. Florida ? marsh scene with white crane, colors are brown & green w/orange in sky, has a retro/almost primitive style...anyone know about this or have a similar work ?  

Big Dog wrote at 2011-09-24 03:59:48
I have a Hank Day painting of a wine pitcher sitting on a table surrounded by some fruit.  I had googled his name just to find out where the painting might have come from, we got it from a family member.

Anne in Beverly wrote at 2011-10-01 13:04:27
I have a print of the original by Hank Day.  He copyrighted his work as indicated by the print.  You should check into him further.

P. Glamser wrote at 2011-11-12 04:10:52
I have 3 small still lifes affixed to wooden plaques, signed by Hank Boj, copyrighted by Donald Art Co Inc. NY, with a limited edition number.  They were purchased around 1971 in the Cleveland, OH area.  I haven't seen any other of his work. The copyrights are from 1959 and 1971.

Vicky wrote at 2012-03-04 15:50:06
I too have a piece of artwork that clearly is marked Hank something the picture I have has the same exact wine pitcher but also has a lamp and a book open on a taple with walnuts.  Not sure of the last name but it is clearly the same artist because the pitcher is exactly the same and in the same spot on this piece of artwork

Tom wrote at 2012-05-06 22:26:45

Turns out the artists name is Henk Bos....

Apparently, he did still life and his work goes for anywhere from $500 to $2000+ from my research.

Jeanne wrote at 2012-05-29 20:39:00
I also have 2 paintings - one that matches the photo shown here and another with a pitcher, tea kettle and bread. The photos shown on etsy and on another internet site I accidentally lost, by Henk Bos don't look like these. The colors are way too vivid (mine haven't faded since they've been the same since my mother got them in the early 60s. So I'm thinking not the correct artist although I wish they were, given the possible price.

There are too many of us out there to not be able to find out more information. Let's keep truckin' on. Someone will find an answer somehow.

DB wrote at 2013-02-17 02:16:12
Got another still life painting by the same author, mine has an antique candle lamp on top of two books over a table, it also has an small pitcher, a dish with two oranges, and some nuts and peaches over the table

Camille wrote at 2013-03-08 20:26:55
I have a signed painting by HANK BOJ. It is  a still life.  It seems to be painted on some kind of partacal board with a shiny finish.  It has, a wine glass, a wood bowl held together with steel rings and there is one tomato and a large,wood(?) black spoon in it.  There is a piece of used antique looking paper (that has been folded into many squares)that all these items and four tomatoes are lying on.It measures about 11"X 17". I bought it at a garage sale in Indiana when I lived there in the late 90's for $5. I have it hung in my kitchen. I like looking at it.  

Hanni wrote at 2013-03-20 20:11:03
I recently acquired a couple of prints of a still life by the same painter. After doing some research I found that the artist's name is Hank Bos. The last name is hard to read.  

k.c. wrote at 2013-04-02 10:25:02
i also just found four 8x12, all have fruit,bowls,one has bowl of eggs,another one has one bell pepper,two has a book,two are signed on right bottom,two the left bottom,all four same colors,greenish.   hank day or hank boj  taking all feedback.thanks

Dorothy June Scott wrote at 2013-05-19 20:30:03
I  have an older painting or print by Hank Day.  It has the metal pitcher, 3 old bottles,cup, pear, and basket of eggs.  It is 15 & 1/2 x 13 & 1/2 and what seems to be in the original frame and has an old price tag on back that has 2.79.

Tara wrote at 2013-06-11 19:53:08
Kacey and Stu,

Interesting I have two stills also by Hank Day, one short tea pot with eggs and the other tall tea pot with pears. Mine are both professionally paper backed and framed 10 x 11 inches.Best guess about the same time period for the framing. It could be we are both reading the name incorrectly.  

Paula wrote at 2013-09-08 13:48:07
I have two pictures by Hank Boj.  They are done on a hard paste board and are somewhat 3-D.  they are in metal frames.

Mark wrote at 2013-09-18 02:10:20
Maureen, I have a the same type of painting, matching your entire description, signed "Hank". Purchased in Fernandina Beach. Would like to find more information.

KF wrote at 2013-12-05 21:31:38
Maybe it's Hank Bay?

Aleshia wrote at 2015-12-01 03:32:34
This is a Hank (or Henk) Bos painting. His work fetches between $1500.00- $2000.00.

Trevorlyn wrote at 2016-03-25 15:18:42
I also have a print by Henk Bos.It has greenish color signed lower left.Picture ls white bowl with strawberries on top of b [k with metal pitcher surrounded by green  grapes  and apples

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration