Fine Art/aldo luongo charcoal drawing

Chan wrote at 2009-07-31 20:31:30
We have the same drawing with the same signature and AA paper on the

back. It was purchased many years ago by my mother for $125. We have

always assumed that it is a print probably purchased at the museum store.

Robert Berry wrote at 2009-12-23 20:20:55
Gary,

I also have that same drawing. I also have a 30" x 40" drawing by Aldo Luongo. It's a picture of a man and a boy from behind. I bought this set in Kansas City, Mo. around 1970 or so. I gave $300.00 for the set back then. Robert

John H. wrote at 2010-06-08 02:59:47
I have the same Aldo Luongo piece. I am having mine looked at but I am pretty sure that mine is a print. If yours is the original, there are other pieces from his "Lovers" series that are going for over $20,000. Good Luck!

MyGrandmotherHadOne wrote at 2010-06-09 23:43:25
There are many of these that are lithoghraphs- check to see if the signiture is dots with a magnifier (30X) if so it is a litho. Not worth as much.  

Jennie wrote at 2010-07-08 03:42:20
I have  what has to be a framed copy which I purchased in 1975 of this same picture.  I also have a huge picture by him of a Hispanic man and son in intense blue shirts purchased in 1973.  AWESOME!

Christine Bartos wrote at 2011-02-13 16:09:32
I have the same piece of what I call the lovers that I purchased in the Chicago area in 1970. I also have a piece approx. 30 x 40 of what I call the girls. The picture is of 5 young girls faces clustered together. I have not been able to find any of this picture anywhere. Is this a common copy, original or  what? My third is 2 children one offering the other a flower. Worth anything? They were all bought around the same time.

Helen wrote at 2011-05-01 23:05:52
We own the same print, black and white and it was purchased over 40 years ago at college in Los Angeles when my husband and I were dating.  I loved the way the passion of the drawing can be felt by just viewing it.  I have seen Aldo Luongo's later works in color but I still prefer this simple black and white charcoal above the others.  It simply catches the true passion of love.  

Colleen T. wrote at 2011-09-15 19:12:49
I have this print which was purchased by future husband as a gift to me at the May Co. in Oceanside, CA forty years ago.  What an appropriate depiction of the love we have had for one another.  I have always cherished it.

JEN wrote at 2014-10-04 20:56:35
I believe the black and white version was a reproduction or poster, not a limited edition.  The artists studio can be found on line.  

Andrew Evans