Fine Art/artist name and how old they are

flowa wrote at 2009-11-16 14:10:18
I can only add a little to this.  The artist is V de Beauvoir Ward - also known as Vernon Ward.  A British painter b 1905, d 1985.  His original works sell around the thousand pound mark, from what I have seen.  Mostly known for floral arrangements and ducks, he was most popular in the 50's when many of his works were reproduced as prints.  As far as I am aware there hasn't been any recent re-print of his works.  Pictures of the style of yours are rarer.

June Still wrote at 2012-01-25 21:01:54
The painting of the "lady dancing" is by Vernon de Beauvoir Ward.

His nephew is a friend of mine and has a print of this painting on his wall.

He is also an artist (known only locally in Sussex).Iain Ward

The paintings signed with the de Beauvoir included are the ones Vernon Ward rated himself as being moore worthy!

Kevin A Nicholas wrote at 2012-07-15 02:23:03
The picture is of a print of a painting by Vernon de Bouvoir Ward 1905-1985 So now it is easy to find info on him. His set of painting are based on James Wheatley's "Cries of London" Series.

Not sure if the print in its original frame is worth much but the original painting is $1500

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.