Fine Art/signed paintings

J.L. Furst wrote at 2009-02-12 21:26:08
Hi.  I am one of Florence Furst's Great Grandchildren.  Unfortunately, the signature of the Ships at Dock does not resemble her signature.  Typically, she signed her full name or F. Furst.  Sorry.

Jennifer wrote at 2009-03-04 01:29:14
I, too, have a wonderful docked boats scene with the same signature.  I am very interested in finding out if this it is correctly identified as FWRF.  I am also very interested in what her work is selling for recenty rather than 1980's estimate.  I can only imagine these paintings are worth more the older they get, especially in good condition.  Mine looks like it was painted yesterday,  I rescued it in a Goodwill store for $12 and would love to hear it's worth like $200,000 or something!  Like on Antiques Road Show...I would definitely sell it!  My family has been in dire straits since I lost my job in the mortgage industry 18 months ago and my husband lost his job as a home builder 7 months ago.  We went from living large to shopping at Goodwill.  It would be so cool if that pulled me full circle!

Any further info on this thread would be so appreciated!

Furst wrote at 2010-12-14 21:01:29
Florence Furst was my great grandmother.  Often, we feel the paintings simply signed "Florence" are incorrectly attributed to her.  All of the paintings the family has are signed with more proper or full names. I believe there may have been an auction in Freeport, IL about 2 years back where some of the paintings were sold if you wish to compare signatures and check on pricing. Best Wishes.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration