Fine Art/protection rights of drawings

Question
How can I find out whether Picasso's drawings "Face Dove" and / or "Face of Peace" are free for use as a logo for an Israeli NGO aiming to implement UNR 1325 & 1820 and change our society to a humane, moral one through networks of feminists?

Answer
Hello Chassia, the Artists Rights Society represents many of the big names out there, including Picasso. You can find out more about them at http://www.arsny.com/ . In the United States, all works published before 1923 have expired copyrights and are in the public domain. So if you want to play it safe, I would say use Old Masters such as Rembrandt, Durer, Manet, or Brueghel.

I wish you well in your goals of changing society for the better. Don't ever stop.

Sincerely,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans