Fine Art/Find painting Help

Question
There is a Beautifull painting-Dont know who painted. PLEASE HELP NEED TO KNOW :)

IT IS:A man touching a beautifull woman sculpture and her alabaster skin is becoming alive-rosy..

The Color is mesmerizing and its classical in style-
Can you help...been searching for weeks! :(
Thank you!

Answer
Dear Gabrielle,

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to know the painting to which you refer without more details, but I'm going to venture that it may be Jean-Leon Gerome's Pygmalion and Galatea (1890):
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Pygmalion_and_Galatea_(G%C3%A9r%C3%B4me)_back.jpg

Your description of a woman sculpture coming to life is very likely a depiction of the myth of Pygmalion and Galatea. Pygmalion was a sculptor who fell in love with a statue he had made, and  the goddess Aphrodite made the sculpture come to life.  Gerome's painting is the most famous depiction of the story, though if this is not the image for which you are looking try a google images search for Pygmalion and Galatea and see if the painting you are seeking comes up.

I hope this helps!  Good luck!
Best,
Elliott

Elliott H. King