Fine Art/Identify artist and painting

Question
The oil painting is 11" by 15" inches. I forgot to take a photo of the back. The painting is on canvasboard and there is a piece of cardboard covering the back of the canvasboard. The frame is very heavy but is not gold leafed. It is just painted gold. The back of the frame has a metal nameplate from the frame company, that says Emery Bird Thayer Co. Kansas City, MO.
I googled it and it was a department store in Kansas City that opened in the 1860's and closed in 1968.
I can't make out a few letters of the artist's name, looks like F****may. What school or style is this painting

Thanks

David
http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss195/thatcomedian/pipe%20smoker%20painting/

Answer
David,
You have a painting I'd label "Fishing Boat Captain" or "Fisherman Portrait".  Looks like the old Gloucester fisherman, no?  

I do not have any insight as to your artist, though I spent some time pouring over artists' names beginning with "F".  Sorry.  Worth a couple hundred dollars...maybe?  Have a local pro get eyeballs directly on it.  

I agree...that frame does not add much.

Good luck,
Stu  

Stuart Cartwright