Fine Art/Litho Chagall

I have a litho from Marc Chagall that is signed "Lithographie originale" and carries the signature of Chagall.
What exactly does "original lithograph" mean? are there many copies? Does the signature (in pencil) of Chagall add to the value of the lithograph? I' ve tried to find another copy on the web but could not find it.

Can you give me an indication about the value of such a lithograph?

Please apologize for the mediocre quality of the photo, I hope it is enough for you to judge.

Thank you very much in advance. Kristine

I'd have to do some research to find all the details about your specific work.

An original lithorgraph is a hand worked print that has higer value than a photo lithograph.

Edition sizes vary for Chagall, many were editions of 50 prints.

To persue this furthur, send all comments to:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.