Fine Art/dali lithograph

Question
Dan ; I have been offered a Dali lithograph and, after reading your thoughtful answers to many other Dali buyers, wonder about its legitimacy. It is from the Divine Comedy series, specifically the Purgatory group - Virgil's Admonition No 5. It is signed in red colored pencil and bears an old (rather yellowed) label on the back of the frame from the Collector's Guild Ltd. The label, which bears a seal of 'authenticity' mentions that this is one of a series of 150 prints and has been authenticated by the Societe de la Nouvelle Gravure Internationale. Do you see any immediate inconsistencies? I realize there are many Dali fakes on the market and am assessing the risk - its really a nice piece of art. Thanks a lot Bob

Answer
I'd have to examine it to be sure.  I can tell you the Collectors Guild was known for low end decorative prints.

I do not sell Dali works unless they pass inspection with very specific experts.

If your going to spend $$, you might as well have more vareity to look at.  Contact me to request a free catalog.

dan@dali.com

Dan

Dan Twyman