Fine Art/1810 Oil painting

I have a portrait, oil on canvas, 26.75”X21” of Johan Hrabowsky. On the back of the canvas it is written with oil,  in German:  “Johan Hrabowsky  of Hrabowa, 33 year old, Major of General Staff and Leader of the Dalmatian Rebels against the French, In the year of 1809. Hereupon on April 15, 1810 was Decorated with the Millitary Maria Theresia Order” I did research that this Hrabowsky gentlemen is buried in Hungary in a village called Kajdacs and Istvan Ordas is written a book about the Hrabowsky family.
According to Christie’s the painting is from the School of Anton Raphael Mengs. The painting is not signed, but it has a crest on the upper right hand corner. I’d like to have an idea of its value and the best way to sell it. I would appreciate your help.
Thank you very much. Stephen S.

You want to make sure you establish the correct fair market value.

I can do research for you, but that will take time.

If you want to persue it, send all details and images of the front and back with close ups of any text to:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.