Fine Art/Associated American Artists Geltone Prints

I have inherited two framed AAA Geltone prints (Costigan - Three Fishermen and Whorf - The Beachcombers), both in excellent condition. Do you have recommendations to determine the estimated value of these prints for insurance purposes?

Thank you - Susan

Dear Susan,

The artist of your prints, (most likely etchings),is John Edward COSTIGAN (1888-1972). His prints are currently selling in the $300-800 range wholesale. If you do a search with his name you will find examples of his prints. I was not able to locate the two that you have, but if you keep looking they may show up.

Insurance on artwork requires a formal appraisal. Most appraisals that an insurance company accepts run approximately $300-500.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.