Fine Art/Associated American Artists Geltone Prints

Question
I have inherited two framed AAA Geltone prints (Costigan - Three Fishermen and Whorf - The Beachcombers), both in excellent condition. Do you have recommendations to determine the estimated value of these prints for insurance purposes?

Thank you - Susan

Answer
Dear Susan,

The artist of your prints, (most likely etchings),is John Edward COSTIGAN (1888-1972). His prints are currently selling in the $300-800 range wholesale. If you do a search with his name you will find examples of his prints. I was not able to locate the two that you have, but if you keep looking they may show up.

Insurance on artwork requires a formal appraisal. Most appraisals that an insurance company accepts run approximately $300-500.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley