Fine Art/Chagall Lithographs

Dear Sir:
 I have an opportunity to purchase two Chagall lithographs.  Both are from the Bible Series (Old Testament).  One is of the prophet Jeremiah and and the other is of David and Absalom.  They are unsigned and said to be in mint condition.  Could you tell me how to ascertain their quality and if the price is a fair one?  (Both have been reduced to $1300.00 each.)  I have not purchased lithographs in the past so this is a new experience.  Thank you for your time and consideration.

If your going to spend the $$, you might want to go after art with signatures.  While hand signed works sell at a much higher price, the un-signed prints were taken from a book of prints. The original idea was to keep the book in tact.  I do not sell un-signed works. The last master of the 20th Century was Salvador Dali. It might make sense to look at hand signed work by Dali.

I have been pointing collectors in the right direction for many years now.  You can call me at:

800-999-3254  Ext. 204

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.