Fine Art/Emmanuel Oberhauser Painting

I own an actual E. Oberhauser painting. His signature is on the bottom left corner. The painting is entitled "Nero's Water Festival" . It is beautiful in detail and in great condition. It was bought in Europe sometime in the early 1900's and has been in the family ever since. I just wanted to see what the approx value is on a painting such as this.
The size is approx. 23 x 17 and it still has the original frame, although the frame itself is not in the greatest of conditions. I believe it is an oil painting. I will attach a photo.

Sotheby's sold an Oberhouser that was considerably bigger in April, 2006 for $13,200 including Buyers Premium.  Another large one, 27x41, with a similar outdoor Bacchanalia scene sold in Vienna in October, 2008 for $9600.  I would fathom given its smaller scale, yours might fetch $5-7K on a good day at auction, perhaps you could sell it more quickly in a private sale at a little south of there.  Hope that helps.  Best of luck.

Stuart Cartwright

American Fine Art Paintings.
Oils, Watercolors, Sketches. Nineteenth and early Twentieth Century. Hudson River School, Pennsylvania Academy, Cape Ann artists, Ash Can, Woodstock, Florida Indian River, American Impressionists, etc. I can provide some background about artists and perhaps a rough appraisal or guidance towards obtaining a value. I am acquainted with many of the best American art dealers and auction houses. Original works only, I do not follow the print market. I do NOT field questions about prints.

Important to know
I am not expert in European art. I encourage you to send questions on European artists to other experts on this service. NO PRINTS:I encourage you to seek help on prints elsewhere. Two sites come to mind: and

I have been collecting original American Fine Art for over 20 years. I have curated art shows, and I have served as a dealer, providing appraisals and guidance for the last 8 years.

Bachelor of Arts Master of Business Administration