Fine Art/J. Bianchi Painting

I inherited an oil painting by J. Bianchi.  It's 30 x 40.  It's signed in front and back, also it says "Original"  The name of the painting is "Endearing Love"  It's in a Gold Leaf frame. It's not dated. I don't know where it came from.  I do know that the person I inherited it from traveled a lot abroad.  Also there were several sketches among other things that a painter would have.

Hi Mary, I am not familiar with this piece. There are a lot of artists that have works for sale with the surname Bianchi. None that I was able to find had a first name starting with J, though.

I recommend contacting Christies or Sothebys auction houses, as they are the two largest auction houses in the world. They may have an expert who knows this piece. If there is one near where you live, you can also take it to a Bonham's Valuation Day . I hope this helps, and good luck to you!

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Experienced in selling, appraising and judging authenticity of signed original prints and unique works of fine art. Concentration on Picasso lithographs; Rembrandt etchings; Edgar Degas drawings; Calder lithographs; Miro; Durer woodcuts; Marc Chagall lithographs; Renoir etchings; Toulouse Lautrec lithographs; Vasarely; Warhol silk screens; Henry Moore sculptures.

Judging authenticity and avoiding fraud. Appraisal. Fine art investments.

Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Sonoma State University