Fine Art/J Miller - Artist

Question
unknown
unknown  
Dear Andrew,

I came across your details whilst browsing the internet and wonder if you can please identify the artist and the subject name in the attached painting. It's an original oil on canvas which I bought recently from a charity shop.

Thanks you

Ed from Scotland

Answer
Hello Ed,

I searched high and low, in several catalogs, some online archives, a couple signature dictionaries, and was unable to find this artist. It looks to be a turn of the century, early 1900's oil painting. The clothes appear Victorian.

I recommend Bonham's auction house if you would like a detailed appraisal at http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=EUR&scre . And if you do figure out the artist, please let me know who it is!

Sincerely,

Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans