Fine Art/Louis Hovey Sharp chalk drawing

Question
I have a chalk drawing that I believe to be a Louis Hovey Sharp. I sent some pictures of it to the Passadena Society of artist and a gentleman there said he believed that it could be one of his earlier works from when he attended the Chicago Art Institute but I dont know how to find out for certain??

Answer
Ahh, a western artist.  I would probably start with some prominent west coast auction houses.  Try John Moran or Bonhams San Francisco.

Bit of a long shot, but the Charles Allis Art Museum of Milwaukee is listed as having a Sharp in its collection.  You could try the curator there?   

Martha Monroe
Charles Allis Art Museum
Milwaukee, WI
Curator
414-278-8295 ext. 16
e-mail: mmonroe@cavtmuseums.org

Best of luck.

Stuart Cartwright